• Drive (or Knock) out the remaining part of the rivet.
выкрашенный в ... цвет
• The ammeters are coloured green up to full load and red beyond.
• The pump is finished in black (or is painted black).
• The through-type holes are more difficult to drill because of the possibility of chipping around the back of the hole.
• A flat crest thread is recommended to prevent ...
• An air-traffic controller needs a device that can swiftly and accurately pick out the unique identification signal assigned to each aircraft.
см. в момент вылета из
• This is achieved by soaking the electrode in water for two hours.
• The chondrosteidae became extinct in the Mesozoic.
• The land animals died out first.
• Rainwater washes away (or out) part of the soil.
• These impurities do not readily wash out.
• Large particles with radii of 10 micrometres or more can be washed out of the air by raindrops or fall out directly.
• Calcium is washed out of the soil by rainwater.
• Parts must be removed from (or taken out of) the bath at frequent intervals.
• The vane must be completely withdrawn from between the nozzles.
• The bolt may be ...
• When cutting deep holes it is advisable to back the drill out frequently to prevent scorching.
• After the drill is withdrawn ...
• The rotating chill core is progressively withdrawn (or pulled out) as the casting process continues.
• Such severe conditions are tolerated well by a number of grasses.
• The ability to withstand severe oxygen deficiency ...
выносить за скобки
• It is convenient to factor out the term for this degree of freedom the partition function.
выносить решение о
• When deciding on (or taking decisions on) the choice of a material for ...
• Such a civilization would be forced (or would have) to use the metals in the ratios that ...
• Undissolved material settles out.
• The logarithmic term drops out.
выпадать в виде
• The accumulated mass of water falls out as a heavy shower.
• The tetrafluoroborate will precipitate from the aqueous solution.
• The mass drops out of the problem (матем.).
• The bearings are of white metal.
• The machine is built of standardized components.
• The connectors are constructed of Neoprene.
• The box was made from (or of) ...
выполнен заодно с
. неотъемлемая часть
• An indicator may be an integral part of the measuring head or a separate unit.
выполненный по заказу
• There is a wide variety of enclosure sized both standard and custom built (or made to order).
. изготавливать; осуществлять; производить
• Chlorination is accomplished by one chlorinator.
• The firm has completed the design of ...
• Satisfactory analysis can be performed (or carried out) on samples having ...
• The calculations were performed (or done, or made, or carried out) by our team.
выполнять двойную функцию
• The discharge serves the dual function of sputtering atoms from the cathode into the vapour phase and supplying the collisional environment required for the OGE.
• He accomplished this task in 1988.
• This motor will do the job efficiently.
• How does our company fill orders for oversized workpieces?
выполнять на заказ
• The unit can be made to order (or custom made) in a wide range of wood finishes.
• These operations can be done (or performed, or carried out, or executed) under pressure.
• The computer routes the workpieces to the necessary machines, ...
• To fulfil the plan.
• To complete the plan ahead of schedule ...
• The machine can do the job in one year.
• Chemical energy can be utilized to do (or perform) work.
• Gases in the process of expanding do no interior work.
• The entire ...
• The calculations are performed (or carried out, or done, or made) as shown in parts and .
• The operator did not follow precisely the directions (or instructions) of his supervisor.
• The transistors are acting (or serving, or functioning, or operating) as switches.
• To perform one's functions.
• This simple charge-coupled device fulfils the function ...
. действителен для
• Thus the familiar theorem of Green asserts.
• Raoult's law is obeyed by the solvent.
выполняться с точностью до
• The correlation is good (or accurate) to ±20 percent for a wide variety of systems, packings, and flow rates.
• All those engaged in (or performing) these operations should ...
• This enables kinks in the pipeline to be straightened out.
• The northward bulge of the isotherms in the Iceland-Spitsbergen-Norway area ...
USAGE: выпуклый книзу(антон. кверху)
• The curve is convex down(wards) [антон. up(wards)].
• The airship envelope contains one or more air cells which are used to maintain the required pressure in the envelope without adding or valving (or release) of gas as the ...
• Being air-powered the loader emits no diesel exhaust fumes.
• To exhaust the air (or to let the air out) ...
• The gas is vented (or liberated, or discharged) to ...
• The technique is to release a smoke from the ground and ...
• Compressed air is allowed to escape from a selected pair of holes.
• Sulphur is released to the atmosphere by sea spray.
• The hot water is released into surface stream ...
выпускаться и втягиваться
USAGE: выпускаться и втягиваться (о щупальцах)
• Tentacles are extruded and withdrawn through the orifice.
• The adrenal cortex elaborates many steroid hormones.
• To work out (or elaborate, or draw up) proposals ...
• To generate electricity ...
• To draw up (or elaborate, ...
• Equalization of the population ...
• A tendency toward equalizing the flow rates of the different parts of the gas ...
• These forces level off at a high temperature.
• The current increases with applied potential, until it levels off at a limiting value.
• Rates of lactic acid formation are expressed (or given) as grams of lactic acid formed per 100 ml of mash per hour.
• The Verdet constant is usually expressed in minutes ...
выражать в виде
• The effect of these forces can be expressed in terms of an experimental parameter known as ...
выражать в единицах
• The energy is usually expressed in terms of a temperature, the Debye temperature θD.
• The number of moles can be expressed as in/M.
• The solutions ( решение) can be expressed in terms of a single space coordinate .
• The orientation of the molecule is expressed by the polar angular coordinates.
• The rate of effusion is expressed in terms of molecules per unit time ...
выражающийся в виде
• These metals are susceptible to permanent embrittlement manifested as intergranular fractures.
• If the real-gas behaviour is expressed by any other equation of state, ...
• The current density is written (or expressed) in terms of drift.
• In the formula C=E/I the impedance is represented by .
• Just a few years ago these concerns were voiced only by a handful of environmentalists.
высказывать предположение о том, что
• Kekule made his classical proposal that the six carbon atoms of benzene were arranged in a hexagon.
• It has been proposed (or speculated, or suggested) that a series of ...
высказываться в пользу
• A number of investigators favoured (or advocated, or supported) the use of ...
• He argued for the hot origin of the earth.
высокие требования к
. предъявлять высокие требования к
• If we are to meet the exacting needs [or high (or stringent) requirements] of industry ...
• High-purity elements ...
• Hyperpure silicon ...
• Ultrapure titanium ...
• Even energetic (or high-energy) protons could be guided by such a field.
. качественный; самый высококачественный
• High-performance (or High-quality) materials ...
• Quality binoculars ...
• Top-quality ...
USAGE: низколежащий (антон. высоколежащий)
• These quenchers have low-lying (антон. high-lying) triplet states ...
USAGE: низкопористый (антон. Высокопористый)
• Roofing tile is of low porosity (антон. of high porosity).
• The more complex, highly evolved (or advanced, or developed) species are found in rocks overlying those containing simpler, less advanced species.
• This process requires highly accurate (or high-accuracy) dies.
• Diamond and quartz may be thought of as highly ordered space network polymers.
• The highly efficient screening surface of ...
• High-performance (or -efficiency) memories ...
. на высоту; набирать высоту; по высоте
• Clouds have been occasionally observed near 23 km altitude over Scandinavia.
• A person flying at an ...
высота заполнения колонки
• The average height equivalent to a theoretical plate is obtained by dividing the packed height by the number of theoretical plates.
• More than 2000 products were on view (or on display, or on show).
• This loader was displayed (or exhibited, or shown, or on exhibit) at the recent mining machinery exhibition.
• The internal fields make it "easier" for the magnetic moments to line up in preferred directions.
• The casting contains fibres aligned in the longitudinal directions.
• This causes drops of blood to ooze out at the knees.
• The ends of the main valve project beyond the port face.
• One thread of the segment should show (or extend, or ...
• Physicists have long advocated international collaboration.
• The length of the tube is such that it extends about 3/16 in. beyond the tube sheet.
• When riveted, the end of the stay before riveting should extend not less than 1/4 in. ...
• The upper portion of each valve disk is provided with outward-projecting lips [or lips projecting (or extending, or protruding) outward].
выступы и впадины на поверхности
• In the dissolution of benzoic acid from the inner cylinder, peaks and valleys developed on the acid surface, corresponding to the location of the vertices.
• The borax obtained is washed with water, and allowed to dry (or is dried).
• To dry the surface ...
• This tube is second to none (or of highest quality).
• This gives a top quality material (or material of top quality).
• The extreme requirements of a modern aircraft call for design of the highest order.
• Ore pours into the skip.
• Some of the ore spills to the bottom of the shaft.
• The pressure of the gas forces out a stream of liquid.
• The fluid is exhausted (or flows, or pours) into a chamber.
. из этого вытекает, что; объясняться
• The mass ratio follows from the amplitudes of both velocity curves.
• The term R/n2 results from the ...
• The most obvious opportunity afforded by laser excitation of cryogenic samples is the increased ease of ...
• A cylindrical liquid issuing from (or flowing out of) a ...
• Platinum and osmium have been used for making filaments, but they have been superseded (or supplanted, or replaced) by tungsten and tantalum.
• Compaction of clay sediments into rock is largely a process of exclusion of water under the pressure of the overlying sediments.
. заменять; практически вытеснивший
• The liquid is expelled (or displaced, or driven out) by the admitted air.
• The transistor ousted the ...
• As the confining pressure increases, water is driven out of the sediment, and the mineral particles become more closely packed.
• Air is displaced from the bulb by oxygen. ...
• The oxide between the electrodes is etched off.
• An exhaust fan to draw off (or exhaust) the dry dust should be applied to ...
• The polymer chains become slightly extended.
• The escape (or exhaust, or discharge) of the hot combustion products into the atmosphere ...
. вход в ... и выход из него; давление на входе; мощность на выходе; на выходе
• After leaving the crushers, the ...
выход из положения
• The theory's supporters could only hope that some way out would be found.
выход из строя
• The reliability of a valve can be defined as the probability of its failure after a certain length of time.
выход на поверхность
• The (surface) exposure of strata of Palaeozoic age ...
• Outcrops (or Outcroppings) of bituminous sand ...
. выйти; срок выходит
• The sulphur is oxidized to SO2 and passes off in the gases.
• The nozzle from which the gas issues (or emanates) ...
• The air ...
выходить в свет
• The book has been published (or issued, or has appeared, or has come out, or is out).
выходить далеко за рамки
• The importance of complex numbers goes far beyond their properties as roots of algebraic equations.
выходить за пределы
• This is beyond the scope of our present work.
• Once the projectile is clear of the muzzle of the gun ...
выходить за рамки
• This is beyond the scope (or purpose) of our report.
• Such discussions do not enter into the scope of the present book.
• Certain factors fall outside the scope of a ...
• No gas came out from the cylinder.
• Once the laser pulse emerges from the laser, it is directed into a string of laser amplifiers.
• The line issues ...
выходить из строя
. приходить в нерабочее состояние
• The press continually breaks down because of stress and strain on its steel die springs.
• If one transformer ...
выходить на орбиту
• The satellite has gone into orbit (or has been orbited, or has settled into orbit).
выходить на плато
. становиться горизонтальным
• The curve flattens out at high Mach numbers.
выходить на поверхность
• The Precambrian rocks crop out (at the surface).
• Coal seams outcrop (or are exposed) along the contour of the mountainsides.
• If we can establish that molten rock has ...
• The scattered beam emerged through a celluloid window.
• The exit gas and entering fluid are dilute.
• The difference between the compositions of the emergent (or emerging, or issuing, or exit) vapour and liquid streams is small. ...
• The smoke leaving [or issuing (or emerging) from] a chimney forms a plume.
• This light is added to the light coming from lens 9.
• The ion beam emerging from the accelerating tube consists of high-velocity hydrogen nuclei.
• The jet issuing from ...
USAGE: выходящий снизу (сверху)
• The countercurrent action permits the condensate leaving (or issuing, or emerging) at the bottom of the condenser to be ...
USAGE: выходящий снизу (сверху)
• The countercurrent action permits the condensate leaving (or issuing, or emerging) at the bottom of the condenser to be ...
• Using the above data, we plot (or draw, or trace) sensitivity curves.
• Geologists have figured out just when the pole reversals occurred.
• Halley began to work out the orbits of various comets.
• Then the derivatives of the other functions ...
. подсчитывать по
• The shear strength was calculated (or computed) from the data shown in Fig. 1.
см. прибавлять и вычитать; складывать или вычитать
• Carbon deposits should be cleaned out of the grooves.
. вверх по течению; значительно выше, чем; и выше; свыше
• Efficiency is better than 96% at full load.
• If the pressure is ...
• The temperature is higher by 4°C (or 4°C higher).
• A slightly higher-than-normal voltage is required to start ...
• A higher-than-expected incidence of lymphomas has been observed in ...
• How do the high-energy molecules accumulate their greater-than-average thermal energy?
выше, чем у
• The dielectric strength of a high vacuum is superior to gases at atmospheric pressure.
• All of the preceding is intended to illustrate ...
• The above(-enumerated) objects of our invention are accomplished by ... The foregoing proves that ...
• The four solutions of x4 -1 = 0 are all four complex numbers just listed.
• The above-listed (or -enumerated) criteria ...
. из вышесказанного следует, что
• It is evident from the foregoing equation that ...
• The foregoing shows that ...
• From the above discussion ...
• From the preceding (or aforesaid), it may be seen that ...
• The above-mentioned (or aforementioned) resistance [or The resistance mentioned earlier (or above)] ...
• The ore deposit types previously named could have become involved ...
• Aqua regia is used for revealing the structure of stainless steel.
• Infrared observations have revealed a cluster of recently born stars. Photographs have revealed the presence of such organisms on the ocean floor.
• Careful investigations have established the reasons for the "unexpected" solubility of formaldehyde in benzene.
. сразу обнаруживается
• On closer examination, certain common features emerged.
• A simple relationship of discharge to basin area is revealed.
• The goal of these studies is the elucidation of the mechanism of the reaction.
• It has been found (or established, or ascertained) that ...
• It turns out (or It appears) that in a wave guide the group velocity is equal to ...
. ещё вопрос; определять; остаётся выяснить; устанавливать
• Let us find out how fast the planet is moving.
• We tried to ...
• It emerges (or transpires) that Saturn is not unique in having rings.
• In a series of experiments, a number of instructive details were brought to light.
• The overall dimensions of the reflector ...