если учесть, что
• The need for such fine oscillator tuning is apparent when it is considered (or if it is remembered) that ...
если это возможно
• Whenever practicable (or feasible, or possible), belts should be installed so that ...
если это невозможно
• It is preferable that both of the above safety devices should be used wherever possible, but failing this either one or the other should be incorporated.
если это необходимо
. по мере необходимости; при необходимости
• [exhigher orbitals if necessary) provide a basis for ... [/ex]
• If need be, the angular ...
если это потребуется
. по мере необходимости
• The reader is referred to the need of specialist advice should the situation warrant it (or if required).
если это так
• Active slip movement must be limited to the fault line between the offset ends; if so, seismic maps should show that ... (геол.).
• If this is the case (or When such is ...
. вполне естественно, что
• Clearly the most feasible approach was again to use radar.
• You stand a good chance of getting the right gauge for your particular job.
есть все основания полагать, что
• There is good reason to believe (or think) that the sediments were deposited somewhat earlier.
• There are strong grounds for believing (or to believe) that ...
есть указания на то, что
• Evidence indicates (or suggests) that most carbohydrates exist principally in this form.
• The largest pollutant by mass is carbon dioxide, and there is (some) evidence that ...
. пока ещё
• An additional 254,000 words can be added.
• In the light of these conclusions the need for conservation of mineral resources becomes all the more evident.
• These figures could be further improved ( уточнены ...
• The low pH further enhances the germicidal activity of iodine.
• In order to increase still further the versatility of the machine ...
ещё в ... веке
• This anomaly was measured even in (or as early as) 19th century, long before there was any theory to explain it.
ещё в ... году
• As early (or As far back, or As long ago) as 1925, 300 models of such engines had been or were being developed.
• This was accomplished back in 1770.
ещё в течение многих лет
• Overhead transmission lines will probably be tolerated in remote areas for many years to come.
ещё важнее то, что
. что более важно
• More important(ly) (or What is more important),magnitude of the exponent for the second term becomes ...
• It remains to be seen whether the unit will operate efficiently.
• Materials might be found that become superconductive at the higher temperatures of liquid hydrogen or, better still (or what is still better), of liquid nitrogen.
ещё много десятилетий
• Fossil-fuel-burning plants must be built for many decades to come in order to meet the nation's needs.
ещё много лет
• For many years to come, the practice of chemical engineering will remain both an art and a science.
ещё многое можно сделать в области
• Considerable room remains (or There is still much room) for improvement in employing the technique.
• There is ample room for further research on the formation of ...