необходимо подчеркнуть, что
• It is necessary to stress (or It should be stressed) that we are dealing with ...
• It must be emphasized (or underscored) that no other sequence of events ...
необходимо сделать следующее
. для этого необходимо сделать следующее
• To renew the ink pads the following procedure should be adopted.
• To remove the circuit-supply ...
необходимо следить за тем, чтобы не
• (Care should be taken to) see that [or Take care (or Make sure) that] oxidation of the amine does not occur in storage.
• Care must be exercised (or taken) to avoid ...
• Proper allowance must be made for (or Account must be taken of) the processing tolerances.
• In the comparison of these results, consideration must be given to the ...
• It is essential (or necessary) that the body of the machine is [or (should) be] effectively earthed.
• It is requisite that the ос-helix of the molecules become completely ...
. без необходимости; в силу необходимости; в случае необходимости; вызывать необходимость; нет ...
• In order to carry out the needed (or required, or necessary) numerical estimates ...
• Appropriate amounts of malt sprouts were added to ...
• In ...
• When a variable increases beyond all bounds, it is said ...
• As increases indefinitely, ...
• As is increased without bound, ...
• The gas would expand without ...
• These machines have been designed to permit almost limitless possibilities in the field of ...
• The wave propagates in an unbounded medium.
• Two dissimilar (or distinct, or different) conducting materials are joined in a continuous loop.
• The non-uniqueness (or ambiguity) of this reduction may be seen by considering ...
• As a result of ... the coil may exhibit several resonance modes, and a self-resonance determination is then ambiguous.
• We have spoken repeatedly of ...
• This belting has proved time and again (or has repeatedly proved) its complete reliability.
• By averaging many exposures the uncertainty may be reduced to ...
• Let φ be the manifold across which the normal derivative of is indeterminate.
• The position of the electron within the wave train is uncertain.
• The prospects for ... ...
• The principal conclusion that amino acids and the genetic code coevolved seems irrefutable.
. нельзя отличить от
• Many living species are almost indistinguishable in structure species that flourished a billion or more years ago.
. составлять неотъемлемую часть
• A calibrating device and a recorder are integral parts of the unit.
• Today, synthetic polymers are an integral ...
• The reflector is sufficiently off parallel with the other reflector.
• The measuring surfaces of the micrometer may thus be forced out of line (or become nonparallel).
USAGE: неперетачиваемая пластинка (в резце)
• The new cutter with throwaway inserts is set up quickly on a simple and easy-to-use fixture.
• The gas had escaped through a leaky valve.
. оставаться неподвижным
• The Earth's magnetic poles are not fixed, but tend to move at a known rate.
• The model pertains to transport between an ...
• A gas flowing in a tube forms a stationary layer in contact with the walls.
. в случае неполадки; выявление неисправностей; главный источник неполадок; метод устранения ...
неполадки в работе
• These characteristics must be taken into account if faulty operation is to be avoided.
• Our most advanced theoretical models are incomprehensible to the layman.
• This "protective O3 shell" could be permanently (or irreparably) damaged.
• If a blade becomes damaged beyond repair, ...
• The derivatives could be obtained at once by differentiation.
• These expressions can be found easily from Eqs. (.3) and (.4) by inspection.
• It is the usual practice ...
• A sample cell (placed) just (or immediately) beyond the focus of a convex lens produced a strong thermal lens.
• The atom temperature immediately behind the shock wave was ...
• The top fuller is placed directly (or immediately) above the bottom fuller.
• The box is located immediately ahead of the drive head.
• A separator is installed just ahead of the main turbine shop.
• The work material is passed through an induction ...
. чуть ниже
• The filter unit is mounted immediately (or just) below the input-resistor unit.
• The wave can travel immediately under the ground surface.
• The detector cannot be placed directly behind the filter.
• There is a switch immediately behind each stop.
• The precursor RNA molecule received proteins immediately following (or after) transcription (биол.).
• These isotopes emit gamma rays immediately on decay.
• The detector cannot be placed directly behind the filter.
• There is a switch immediately behind each stop.
. непосредственно спереди
USAGE: непосредственно спереди (антон. сзади)
• The two adrenals of mammals lie immediately anterior (антон. posterior) to the kidneys.
. в непосредственной близости от
• ATP serves as the immediate source of energy for the mechanical work performed by muscle.
• The student ...
• Asymmetry makes the image extremely dissimilar to the object.
• Where a very hard rock is subjected to severe stresses, it may rupture into (highly) irregular angular blocks.
• Crystals of highest purity are often irregularly shaped (or ...
• Any drastic changes are indicative of improper operation.
• This conclusion is in error.
• This machinery offers unmatched durability.
• Stainless steel has unsurpassed corrosion resistance.
• The selection can provide unexcelled solutions to such problems.
. представлять непреодолимое препятствие для
• The supporters of this model will face insurmountable (or insuperable) obstacles in ...
• If adequate ventilation is provided at all times, ...
• The old rubber types improve steadily.
• The process of growth can continue ...
• To provide for progressively increasing output, the capacity of the finished products warehouse has been doubled. The ever-growing refractory materials industry ...
• The ...
• The tension applied to the wire is varied during the winding, being reduced progressively as successive layers are applied.
• Electrons are in ceaseless (or continuous) motion by virtue of their heat energy.
• The concept of continual (or continuous, or permanent) creation of stars in the Universe ...
. не подходить; неприменим
• This procedure fails only if ...
• These cleaners should be used when all other methods fail.
• Porous metal bearings ...
• Much of the water in natural sources is unsuitable for humans to drink.
• This indicates basic inadequacy (or unsuitability) of the procedure employed.
• Henry's law does not apply (or is inapplicable) in this case.
• Such steels are completely unusable in many cases.
• Carbon dioxide is a gas with an obnoxious (or objectionable) odour and ...
• All push buttons are dust and oil tight.
• This surface is impervious to dirt and moisture.
• The pipe is opaque to radiation.
• Water tight, Air tight, Gas tight, ...
• Some dimethylacetylene remains unreacted.
• The unreacted gases are recycled.
• World coal reserves are most unevenly (or nonuniformly) distributed among the continents.
• The pressure is nonuniformly distributed.
• Attempts to heat the rivet too quickly will give uneven (or nonuniform) heating.
• It would be gratifying to feel that the backlog of cosmic puzzles is not accumulating at a hopelessly rapid rate.
• This is useful in problems which would otherwise be intractable.
неразрывно связан с
• Some of the most fundamental activities of life are inextricably entwined [or intimately associated (or connected, or linked)] with the properties of the lipids.
• This choice is not well advised (or is ill advised, or is unreasonable).
USAGE: нераспространение (ядерного оружия)
• Non-proliferation (of nuclear weapons).
• Such a jet of particles with a total momentum of 6 GeV will be recorded only in the unlikely circumstance that all the momentum has been invested in a single particle.
• Exceptions to Veer's law are not uncommon (or not infrequent, or not rare).
• Gout and pseudogout are not infrequently encountered in the elderly.
• It is not unusual to ...
• This expression is not uncommon (or rather common) in the literature of chemical engineering.
• There are many other outstanding questions that remain to be answered.
• The drawing shows how the glue fills microscopic irregularities between seemingly smooth surfaces.
. в некоторой степени; немного; слегка
• The corresponding pressure ratio is somewhat (or slightly) higher for real gases.
• The temperature ...
• Milled cereals bear some resemblance to the beetles' normal environment.
• Stress corrosion is somewhat similar to pitting.
• Fired enamels somewhat resemble [or resemble ...
. чуть ниже
• The metal is heated to a temperature just below the critical range.
• The water level is slightly (or somewhat) below the level of the spray jet.
• A single analyte atom may be ionized more than once during the laser pulse.
USAGE: несколько сот(ен)
• For some dielectrics ranges from one to several hundred.
• A temperature of several hundred degrees Celsius ...
• Several hundreds ...
• Platforms contain several thousands of feet of such deposits.
. даже при
• In spite of (or Despite) repeated attempts, no instance has ever been observed to violate ...
несмотря на всё
• Life may succeed against all the odds in moulding the universe to its own purposes.
несмотря на то, что
• These colours are also being used despite (or in spite of) the fact that relatively expensive raw materials are sometimes required.
• The radiant power differs in ...
• The temperature and pressure in the thermionic diode cell were incompatible with a purely thermal collisional energy augmentation process.
• The results of some of the ...
. бесспорно самый лучший
• These impressions in the lunar surface are indubitably craters.
• There is no question (that) the devices could be made much ...
. расхождение между
• Failure to meet the specifications ...
• A gap (or discrepancy) between estimated and observed ultraviolet radiation ...
• There is ...
• Carbon is incapable of possessing more than an octet of ...
• The failure of such methods to resolve energy differences ...
• The inability of the molecules to acquire ...
несравненно больше, чем
• The gravitational influence of Neptune on Triton is overwhelmingly (or incomparably) greater than ...
• Early blimps were only a fraction of the size of the rigid airships of that period.
• Then the analyzer signals that the molybdenum content is out of range for this type of steel.
• Sometimes the new part demands a gauge or jig that must be custom built.
• The fragment B-bears (or carries)negative charge.
• Certain losses in efficiency may have to be borne (or incurred, or sustained, or suffered).
• The resonator will suffer some loss.
• One must incur considerable expense in gathering the data to be used in the model.
• The development costs have been borne primarily by the government.
. не существовать
• For such gases an equation of state is not available (or is unavailable).
нет данных о том, что
• The electron gives no evidence yet of having an internal structure ( Пока нет данных о том, что электрон обладает внутренней ...
• There is no end (in sight) to the continuing evolution of ...
нет недостатка в
• Fortunately, there is no lack of examples of geosynclines being formed at the present time.
• There is no shortage of questions to be answered.
• The chamber need not be removed.
• We need not go into the details here.
• There is no need for a stiff pendulum rod.
• There is no need to mount the pendulum.
• It is beyond reason to hope for extraction of ferrous metals in significant quantities to provide substitutes for ore deposits of the continents.
• With more powerful radar systems there is almost no limit to the resolution that can be obtained.
• It is unjustified to link these differences to chemical pollutants.
. едва ли целесообразно
• There is no point in going through all the details of ...
нет согласия между ... относительно
• There is no agreement among clay mineralogists regarding proper nomenclature for the halloysite minerals.
• There is no general agreement (or consensus of opinion) among ...
• Errors due to imperfect (or inaccurate, or faulty) calibration of the instrument ...
. оставаться нетронутым
• In this way the country will be able to exploit untapped (or unutilized) coal deposits.
• wide and virgin field is here open and ...
• It is an easy matter to enumerate all six possibilities.
• There is no difficulty in understanding (or It is not difficult to understand) how these elements happened to be at the surface.
• A year ago it was decided that the training methods were inadequate.
• Improper measuring technique is a common cause of erroneous conclusions about accuracy.
• Ever greater (or Ever-increasing) quantities of electric energy must be provided.
• The ever-growing application of air-borne electronics ...
• Such a crop failure can lead to famine.
• Failure to take account of (or to take into account) this variation in the osmotic coefficient would cause false conclusions.
• Neglect of this factor was responsible for ...
• The radar designers try their best to make their sets immune to enemy countermeasures.
см. давать нефть; добыча; с нефтяным отоплением
. испытывается нехватка; недостаток
• At very low temperatures no electrons will be excited from the valence to the conduction band because of ...
USAGE: чётные (нечётные) зубья
• Even- (odd)-numbered teeth.
• Many so-called colour-blind individuals have trichromatic vision of a sort.
• In this respect the planet offers what amounts to an immense natural laboratory.
нечто среднее между
• Transfer moulding is a cross between compression moulding and injection moulding.
• In such applications digital electronic hardware is inadequate (or ineffective, or inefficient).
• The emf of the cell is implicitly included in ... terms.
• The reason for the small size of the molecule is still elusive (or unclear, or vague, or obscure).
см. как бы велик ни был